ENHANCE REMOTE TRANSIT SHEDS ("ERTS")
WHAT IS AN ERTS?
An Enhanced Remote Transit Shed ("ERTS") is a warehouse thats been specially approved by HM Customs & Excise to operate under ERTS conditions. An ERTS is a location outside the approved area of a port or airport, approved by Customs, where non-community goods can be placed in temporary storage. This facility is not available to general importers.
The law governing this procedure states that goods removed to an ERTS premises are deemed to be in temporary storage until they are cleared by Customs.
HOW CAN THIS FACILITY HELP YOUR CASH FLOW?
Cargoes can be transferred under bond from port of entry directly and ERTS. Customs regulations state that goods must be accounted for within 45 days of date of arrival at the port of entry (a 20 day period is allowed for cargoes arriving by air).
By entering goods against your Deferment Account a maximum period of approx. 90 days credit can be obtained on Duty/VAT amounts without penalty from customs.
ADVANTAGES OF USING THE ERTS FACILITY
- Flexibility can be maintained by us to accommodate "urgent" deliveries where necessary.
- Distribution costs can be kept to a minimum.
- All stock records and Customs documentation will be strictly controlled by our office. Details of stock holding can be transferred to you electronically on a daily/weekly basis as required.
- Customs guarantees/undertakings will not be required from your company.
- We can endeavour to keep freight and UK handling costs to a minimum by shipping your LCL cargoes as part of our weekly consolidations.
Regency International is an Essex based freight forwarder offering sea frREGENCY INTERNATIONAL, freight forwarders, sea freight, air freight, warehouse essex, labelling services essex, storage essex, HORNCHURCH, ESSEX, import, export, shipping, far east, shipping agent, container lorry, uk distribution, essex freight forwarder, freight forwarders essexeight, air freight, UK warehousing and storage facilities, labelling, pick and pack services, customs clearance and UK distribution.